The recruitment and selection is the major function of the human resource department and recruitment process is the first step towards creating the competitive strength and the strategic advantage for the organizations. Recruitment process involves a systematic procedure from sourcing the candidates to arranging and conducting the interviews and requires many resources and time.
Recruitment refers to the process of screening, and selecting qualified people for a job at an organization or firm, or for a vacancy in a volunteer-based some components of the recruitment process, mid- and large-size organizations and companies often retain professional recruiters or outsource some of the process to recruitment agencies. External recruitment is the process of attracting and selecting employees from outside the organization.
OBJECTIVES OF RECRUITMENT:-
The objectives of Recruitment are
• To attract people with multi-dimensional skills and experiences that suits the present and future organizational strategies.
• To induct outsiders with a new perspective to lead the company.
• To infuse fresh blood at all levels of organization.
• To develop an organizational culture that attracts competent people to the company.
• To search the people whose skills fit the company’s values
• To seek out non-conventional development grounds of talent.
• To search for talent globally and not just within the company.
• To anticipate and find people for positions those do not exist yet.